Search

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Lunatic Fringe: Blade Runner


You'd think a movie that's supposedly all about anti-corporate themes would have less product placement. The first episode of The Lunatic Fringe takes an unforgiving look at the cult classic Braid Runner...uh, I mean Blade Runner.

EDIT 11/8/11
This was my first attempt at deconstructing a popular film, one that in hindsight I'm not terribly proud of. The standard formula of making snarky comments whilst summarizing the plot just isn't the proper context for presenting my arguments.

The more recent review of "The Usual Suspects" was essentially a reboot of the Lunatic Fringe show concept, using a more analytical and less comedy-oriented format. I intend to eventually redo this review in that format.

So for anyone who has never seen this before, please take this review which a grain of salt, because frankly, it's not very good.



Watch the commentary for this episode here.

4 comments:

Daikun said...

I agree with your review. I saw the film for the first time last year, and I had trouble paying attention to the movie. It was too convoluted for me to even attempt to understand.

Also, I personally hope you cover some of the films you had posters for early on in the video. I'd especially love to see 2001: A Space Odyssey, which I personally thought had the slowest pacing out of any film I'd ever seen. I'd even consider it slower than Titanic, and that's saying a lot, considering 2001 is a much shorter film.

Joshua the Anarchist said...

I do plan to review every one of those films. Repo! The Genetic Opera is actually up next. 2001 I'm going to wait a while to review though. I wanna build up to that, since it's pretty much the most critically acclaimed film on my list.

Sadie said...

I was laughing out loud at this. Josh, you've gained a fan!

**Jewels are Forever**

Sadie said...

Oh and by the way, I noticed that under the "Lunatic Fringe" section of your review index, you have "Transformers" under "coming soon" as well as "REPO! The Genetic Opera" I'd LOVE to see that!

Oh and by the way, I don't want to come off as too stalker-ish by leaving all of these comments. I'm not trying to be. I just love your vids.

ShareThis